A roof replacement is one of the most significant home improvements your house will undergo. Although often overlooked, your landscaping area is a concern when projects like this take place. Remember that your exterior is a considerable factor in your property’s curb appeal, so it’s necessary to guarantee its safety. Here are some tips for protecting your garden and outdoor area during a roofing project.
- Remember your roof’s condition before the installation. Inform your roofers beforehand of things they need to take special care of. This allows them to take extra precautions to protect your plants, siding and other valuable components by laying down coverings for them.
- Keep your roofing materials away from the grass. Place your trash cans in the driveway where roofing waste materials can be thrown. Most likely, your hired roofer will put plywood sheets on the path before setting down your roofing materials to secure them from dents and dirt.
- Mow the lawn. It is highly recommended that you try not to mow the grass in your garden as much as possible. This allows for nails that fall from the roof can be easily found. Also, turn off the automatic sprinkler system to minimize potential damage during the project.
- Protect your garden. Place the tarpaulin to secure your garden, and move potted plants away from the work area. Fortunately, shrubs are strong enough to deal with possible damage, so they can be left alone.
- Trim trees. Check for branches that are almost touching your roof and siding. If they do, cut them down in preparation for the roof replacement. The pros can perform their roofing tasks smoothly when tree branches and leaves are not in the way.
GO Construction Services, LLC of Pennsylvania offers various services, including gutter installation and deck construction. With over 30 years of industry experience, our team is passionate about providing top-of-the-line quality and second-to-none customer service! Call us today at (717) 423-3232, or get a free estimate from us here.